· 1 cup brown rice
· 2 ½ cups water or broth
· Sea salt (to taste)
· 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 8 – boneless skinless chicken thighs
· 2 tbsp. Goya Adobo seasoning (more to taste)
· Black pepper (to taste)
· 1 large yellow onion, sliced
· 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
· 1 – 8 oz., bag mozzarella/provolone blend, shredded
· In a large uncovered pot, bring rice, water, salt, and 1tbsp. of olive oil to a simmer on medium high heat.
· Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes without lifting the lid. Fluff rice with fork. Set aside.
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet lined with parchment, drizzle 2 tbsps. of olive oil over chicken thighs. Season both sides with Adobo seasoning and black pepper. Roast for 20- 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Let rest for 5 minutes then cut chicken into slices.
· In a large skillet, heat remaining tbsp. of olive oil on medium high heat. Add onion and peppers. Salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until tender, 3 – 4 minutes.
· On an oven-friendly glass plate or pasta bowl, add brown rice topped with peppers and onions topped with sliced chicken. Lastly, add shredded cheese to taste. Bake until cheese melts, 2 – 3 minutes. Serve.