Citrus Quinoa Fruit Salad
· ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
· 1 cup strawberries, sliced in half lengthwise w/ tips discarded
· 1 cup pineapple chunks
· 1 cup kiwi, peeled & sliced
· 1 medium orange, juiced
· 1 small lemon, juiced
· 3 tbsp. honey
· 2 tsp. poppy seed
· In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until quinoa is tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Chill for up to 30 minutes.
· In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, pineapples, and kiwis.
· In a separate bowl, mix orange juice, lemon juice, honey, and poppy seed.
· Pour liquid mixture over fruit. Mix well. Serve.