· 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
· 2 ½ cup water
· Sea salt
· 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
· ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
· ¾ cup carrots, chopped
· ¾ cup green peas
· ¾ cup corn
· 1 tsp. ginger, grated
· 2 tbsp. garlic chili sauce
· 8 oz. lump crab meat
· 1 egg
· Liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
· Scallions, chopped (garnish)
· In a medium saucepan, bring rice, 2 ½ cups of water, and salt to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer until rice is tender but not mushy, about 45 minutes. Set aside.
· In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil on medium high heat.
· Add onions, bell pepper, carrots, peas, and corn. Sauté until vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix in ginger and cook for an additional minute. Reduce heat to medium.
· Mix in chili garlic sauce and lump crab into the vegetable mixture. Cook for 2 -3 minutes.
· Shift crab and vegetable mixture to one side of the skillet. On the opposite side, crack 1 egg. Scramble egg for 1 minute and then mix in with crab and vegetables.
· Mix in rice and remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Season with liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste. Garnish with scallions. Serve.