Creamy Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
• 3 cups elbow pasta, cooked until al dente & drained
• 1 ½ cups sour cream, divided
• 1 tbsp. truffle oil
• ¼ cup of butter
• 3 cups half & half
• 1 cup white cheddar, shredded & divided
• 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded & divided
• 1 cup mozzarella, shredded & divided
• 1 smoked gouda, shredded & divided
• 1 tsp. ground mustard
• 1 tsp. smoked paprika
• Sea salt (to taste)
• Black pepper (to taste)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large bowl, combine ½ cup of sour cream and truffle oil. Add in drained pasta. Mix well coating noodles in truffle sour cream mixture. Set aside.
• In a Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add half & half and bring to simmer. Once at a simmer, mix in remaining sour cream and reduce heat to low. Mix well.
• After sour cream has dissolved into the half & half, mix in ½ a cup of each cheese, spices, and seasonings. Stir well while mixing in cheeses to avoid burning. Continue to stir until all ingredients are blended and melted, 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Add ½ of remaining shredded cheese to pasta mixture then add cheese sauce. Mix well then transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese across the top using more if needed. Bake until top is golden and beginning to slightly crisp, 30 - 35 minutes. Serve.