Easy Biscuits & Chicken Sausage Gravy
· 1 (16 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· ½ medium onion, diced
· ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
· 1 (14 ounce) package of ground breakfast chicken sausage
· ½ tsp. fennel seeds
· ¼ cup of brown rice flour
· 2 ½ cups non-dairy unsweetened milk
· Garlic salt (to taste)
· Black pepper (to taste)
· 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
· ½ dozen fried eggs
· Cook biscuits per instructions on package. Set aside.
· In a large skillet, heat olive on medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent and tender, 2 - 3 minutes.
· Mix in ground sausage. Cook until browned and crumbly, 5- 7 minutes. Stir in fennel seeds.
· Mix in flour. Stir well to avoid burning, 1 -2 minutes.
· Stir in milk. Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium.
· Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add additional milk if gravy is too thick. Remove from heat.
· In a medium skillet, heat ½ tsp. of butter on medium high heat. Break egg and slip into skillet one at a time. Cook until whites harden and yolks thicken, 1 – 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour gravy over biscuits. Add egg on top. Serve.