· 1 – 16oz package gnoochi
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
· ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
· 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
· Garlic salt (to taste)
· Black pepper (to taste)
· 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
· 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped finely
· 1tsp. fresh sage, chopped finely
· 4 large eggs
· In a large pot, bring water to a boil on medium high heat.
· Boil gnoochi until they float to the top, 2 – 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
· In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Cook and crumble sausage, 4 minutes. Add red bell pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and bell pepper is tender, additional 3 minutes. Remove sausage mixture from skillet leaving drippings and excess oil behind.
· Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in that same skillet and add gnoochi. Season with garlic salt and black pepper to taste then add paprika, rosemary, and sage. Cook and stir until gnoochi is slightly toasted, 3 – 4 minutes.
· Add sausage mixture back into the skillet with gnoochii. Mix well for an additional minute then remove from heat.
· In a medium skillet, heat ½ tsp. of butter on medium high heat. Break egg and slip into skillet one at a time. Cook until whites harden and yolks thicken, 1 minute on each side. Salt and pepper to taste. Repeat until all eggs are cooked.
· To plate, place a hearty portion of gnoochi mixture over fried egg. Serve.
· You can use any type of sausage you’d like for this recipe.
· If you use dried sage instead of fresh, only use ½ a tsp.
· For additional recipe personality, melt the cheese of your preference on top of the completed dish.