Granola & Poppy Seed Crusted French Toast
· 4 large eggs
· 2 tbsp. honey
· 1 tbsp. cinnamon
· ½ tsp. nutmeg (optional)
· 1 ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk (other milk or cream options suitable)
· 2 cups of granola
· 2 tbsp. poppy seed
· 1 loaf Brioche bread
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· In a large bowl, crack eggs. Add honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg then beat eggs. Next, beat almond milk into egg mixture. Set aside.
· In a separate large bowl, combine granola and poppy seed. Mix well.
· Cut Brioche into thick 1 - 1 ½ inch slices.
· With one hand, dip bread into the egg mixture then coat bread with granola mixture using the other hand. Be sure to completely coat bread. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment once done. Repeat for each slice.
· Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Serve.