· 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter
· 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
· 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour
· 1 ½ cups of half & half
· 1 cup of white cheddar cheese, shredded
· Garlic salt
· 4 tsp. of olive oil
· 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
· 4-5 waffle cones
· In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add jalapeno. Cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
· Mix in flour. Stir for 1 minute combining the flour, butter, and jalapenos to make a roux. Return to heat.
· Reduce heat to medium. Mix in half & half. Stir constantly until sauce thickens, 5-6 minutes.
· Once sauce is at a simmer, reduce heat to low and mix in cheese. Stir until cheese is melted, blended, and smooth. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Set Sauce aside.
· Season chunks of chicken breast with garlic salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
· In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add chicken breast. Stirring occasionally, cook until chicken chunks are cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
· Add Cheese sauce to cooked chicken. Stuff inside of waffle cones evenly. Serve.