Peach Cobbler Parfait
· 2 tbsp. vegan butter
· 5 peaches, sliced
· 2 tbsp. cinnamon
· 3 tbsp. natural sweetener (stevia)
· 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1 (32 oz.) container vanilla Greek yogurt
· 1 cups protein granola
· In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat butter on medium high heat.
· Add peaches, cinnamon, and sweetener. Stir for 1 – 2 minutes until peaches start to slightly caramelize.
· Mix in vanilla and lemon juice then reduce heat to medium. Let simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
· Remove from heat. Let peaches chill for 30 minutes.
· In a small serving bowl, layer a spoonful of peaches at the bottom followed by enough Greek yogurt to cover them. Add another spoonful of peaches then top with granola. Serve.
· Go with plain Greek yogurt instead of vanilla to reduce sugar.
· Earth Balance is my preferred brand of vegan butter.
I hate super soggy fruit so this recipe is designed for peaches to still have a bite to them. Let simmer on medium heat for an additional 5 minutes or so for softer peaches.