Sausage & Egg Stuffed Butternut Squash
· 3 medium butternut squash, cut in half from top to bottom & seeds discarded
· 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (turkey or pork)
· 3 tbsp. garden vegetable cream cheese
· 6 large eggs, scrambled
· Shredded cheese of your choice
· Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
· On baking sheet lined with parchment paper, assemble squash inside down. Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from heat.
· Scoop 3 - 4 tbsp. from the middle of each squash creating a bowl. Be sure to leave some squash however. Set aside.
· In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add ground sausage. Cook until browned through, 5 - 7 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
· In a medium bowl, mix sausage with cream cheese. Mix well.
· Stuff sausage mixture inside of each squash. Add eggs and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 2 – 3 minutes. Serve.
Serving Size - 6