Skillet Jackfruit & Black Eyed Pea Enchiladas
· 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 1 – 15.5oz. can black-eyed peas, lightly rinsed and drained
· 1 – 10oz. pack of jackfruit
· 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
· 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
· 1 – 1.25oz. pack of taco seasoning (2 ½ tbsp.)
· 6 – 8 flour tortillas
· 2 – 10oz. cans enchilada sauce, divided
· Shredded cheese of your choice (to taste)
· Romaine lettuce, chopped (garnish)
· Tomato of your choice, chopped (garnish)
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· In a large non- stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium high heat.
· Add black-eyed peas. Sauté 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
· Add jackfruit to skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook until jackfruit begins to brown and crisp, 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
· In the same skillet, heat last tbsp. of olive oil on medium high heat. Mix in onion and bell peppers. Sauté until tender, 2 -3 minutes.
· Mix black-eyed peas and jackfruit back into the skillet with peppers and onions.
· Season with taco seasoning and cook/stir until all ingredients are flavored, 2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
· Spread 1 can of enchilada sauce across the bottom of skillet.
· Place 2 - 3 tbsps. of jackfruit mixture on the tip of a tortilla. Roll tightly from one side of the tortilla to the other until sealed. Place rolled tortilla (enchilada) into the skillet. Repeat for each enchilada until skillet full.
· Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
· Spread desired amount of shredded cheese over enchiladas.
· Bake until cheese is bubbly and melted, 15 - 17 minutes.
· Garnish with lettuce and tomato. Serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 – 42 minutes
Serving Size: 3 - 4