· 12 wheat flour tortillas
· 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
· 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
· ½ medium red onion, chopped
· ½ cup whole kernel corn, drained
· ½ cup pre-cooked black beans, drained
· ½ tsp. chipotle pepper
· ½ tsp. coriander
· ½ tsp. chili powder
· 1 tbsp. cumin
· Garlic salt (to taste)
· Queso fresco, crumbled (garnish to taste)
· Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
· Using a 2 – 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles from the flour tortillas.
· Using 2 tbsp. of olive oil, brush both sides of each tortilla round with oil.
· In a muffin pan, neatly mold tortilla rounds into muffin slots. Be sure to form the tortilla into the shape of the muffin slot without ripping.
· Bake until crispy but not charred, 5 – 7 minutes. Set aside.
· In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil on medium high heat. Add turkey sausage. Cook until browned and crumbled, 5 – 7 minutes.
· Mix in bell peppers and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender and combined well with sausage, 1 – 2 minutes.
· Reduce heat to medium and mix in corn, black beans, and all seasonings. Cook until mixture is heated throughout, 5 – 7 minutes. Set aside.
· Fill each tortilla cup with sausage mixture and garnish w/ Queso Fresco. Serve.
· Feel free to use the ground sausage of your preference. If using a fattier sausage like pork, be sure to drain excess drippings before continuing recipe.