Turkey Crawfish Meatballs
· 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
· ¾ medium red bell pepper, chopped & divided
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped & divided
· 4 cloves garlic, minced & divided
· ½ lb. crawfish tails, peeled & deveined
· Cajun seasoning (to taste)
· 1 tsp. lemon juice
· 2 lbs. ground turkey
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
· 1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
· 1tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp. tomato paste
· Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
· In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium high heat. Add half of the chopped bell pepper and onions. Cook for 1 minute then add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook for an additional minute then remove from heat. Mix in crawfish tails, Cajun seasoning, and lemon juice. Set aside.
· In a large bowl, season ground turkey with Cajun seasoning then add 1 tbsp. of olive oil, crawfish tail mixture, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, parsley, and tomato paste. Mix well.
· Roll 20 meatballs and assemble on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes. Serve.